For automatic fire detection and protection in enclosed areas up to 2m3 (76 cubic ft). Enclosures must be calculated based on PROTENG recommendations mentioned in installation manual. Heptalfluoropropane is noncorrosive, electrically nonconductive, free of residue, and characterized by low toxicity. It is ideally suited for protection of high-value assets such as those found in computer rooms, data control centers, telecommunication facilities, and museums.
PROTENG products contain fire extinguishing agent heptafluoropropane (FM-200®) which allow it to be used as a total flooding agent in normally occupied spaces for the protection of Class A (solid), Class B (liquid and gas), and Class C (electrically energized) hazards—not CLASS D and not CLASS K.
- CLASS A – common combustibles (wood, paper, cloth, etc.)
- CLASS B – flammable liquids and gases (gasoline, propane, solvents, etc.)
- CLASS C – live electrical equipment (computers, fuse boxes, data centers, etc.)
- PROTENG TUBES AND EXTINGUISHING AGENT DO NOT PROTECT AGAINST FIRE CLASSES D AND K
- CLASS D – combustible metals (magnesium, lithium, titanium, etc.)
- CLASS K – cooking media (fats, cooking oils, etc.)
PROTENG products are not built to protect against outside fires, only areas installed by a PROTENG DISTRIBUTION INC. DULY CERTIFIED INSTALLER. Heptafluoropropane (FM-200®) is also suitable for use as an inertion agent in explosion suppression applications.