For automatic fire detection and protection in enclosed areas up to 2m3 (76 cubic ft). Enclosures must be calculated based on PROTENG® recommendations mentioned in installation manual. Heptalfluoropropane is noncorrosive, electrically nonconductive, free of residue, and characterized by low toxicity. It is ideally suited for protection of high-value assets such as those found in computer rooms, data control centers, telecommunication facilities, and museums.
PROTENG® products contain fire extinguishing agent heptafluoropropane (FM-200®) which allow it to be used as a total flooding agent in normally occupied spaces for the protection of Class A (solid), Class B (liquid and gas), and Class C (electrically energized) hazards—not CLASS D and not CLASS K.
- CLASS A – common combustibles (wood, paper, cloth, etc.)
- CLASS B – flammable liquids and gases (gasoline, propane, solvents, etc.)
- CLASS C – live electrical equipment (computers, fuse boxes, data centers, etc.)
- PROTENG® TUBES AND EXTINGUISHING AGENT DO NOT PROTECT AGAINST FIRE CLASSES D AND K
- CLASS D – combustible metals (magnesium, lithium, titanium, etc.)
- CLASS K – cooking media (fats, cooking oils, etc.)
PROTENG® products are not built to protect against outside fires, only areas installed by a PROTENG® DISTRIBUTION INC. DULY CERTIFIED INSTALLER. Heptafluoropropane (FM-200®) is also suitable for use as an inertion agent in explosion suppression applications.